11:30 am - 1:30 pm
Foley & Lardner LLP, 40th Floor, US Bank Building
777 E. Wisconsin Ave. Milwaukee WI, 53202
There has been much discussion in recent months about the need to increase the branding of Milwaukee in order to enhance the image of the community and also increase tourism and economic development. This luncheon event will highlight what is being done and what should be done to enhance the city’s brand throughout the United States and the world.
What: Three distinguished industry leaders will face a panel of journalists to talk about the branding of the Milwaukee region.
When: Thursday, Sept. 25, 2014, from 11:30 AM to 1:30 PM, lunch included. (Doors open at 11:30 a.m. and program goes from 12 noon to 1:30 PM.)
Where: Foley & Lardner LLP, 40th Floor, US Bank Building
777 E. Wisconsin Avenue, Milwaukee
The event is open to the public.
The industry leaders include:
• Tim Dixon is owner of the Iron Horse Hotel in Milwaukee. Dixon has more than 20 years of experience in construction, urban renewal, and complete site development and has developed more than $120 million in commercial, residential and hospitality properties. Dixon’s developments in the various areas in and around downtown Milwaukee have left an indelible impact on the city’s revitalization.
• Joe Kirgues is co-founder of Gener8tor. Gener8tor is an accelerator located in Milwaukee and Madison that provides first-stage startups with seed capital, applies lean-startup principles to startup development, creates an environment for entrepreneurs to collaborate and establishes access to later-stage capital
• Michael Pink is the Milwaukee Ballet Artistic Director. Pink is the longest serving artistic director in the Milwaukee Ballet’s history. Since joining the Milwaukee Ballet in December of 2002, he has established himself as a prominent member of the Milwaukee arts community, demonstrating his commitment to the future of dance through new work, education and collaboration.
• Peggy Williams Smith is corporate vice president of food & beverage for Marcus Hotels & Resorts. She is responsible for standardizing and expanding the company’s leading food and beverage operations, including successful brands such as the Mason Street Grill and Miller Time Pub & Grill. Actively involved in charitable and business organizations, Peggy is the immediate past president of TEMPO Milwaukee.
The Journalists (listed alphabetically):
• Alison Bauter, Milwaukee Business Journal
• Erik Bilstad, WTMJ-AM
• Don Walker, Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
The speakers will answer questions from the media panel. Audience questions will follow.
Foley & Lardner LLP, which also generously donated space for this event at its downtown facility.
The Marcus Corporation Foundation, Inc.
Cost and Registration:
The cost to attend is $20 for MPC members, $25 for nonmembers. Lunch is included. Seating will be limited. Advanced registration and payment are required and may be done by booking below. Checks may be mailed to the MPC at PO Box 176, North Prairie, WI 53153-0176.
Cancellations will be accepted up to 48 hours in advance for a full refund. Please contact Joette Richards at the Milwaukee Press Club at email@example.com with any questions; or to pay by credit card, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 262-894-2224.
Log in if you already have an account with us, click here
Bookings are closed for this event.