11:45 am - 1:30 pm
Foley & Lardner LLP, 40th Floor, US Bank Building
777 E. Wisconsin Ave. Milwaukee WI, 53202
The event will explore the current freeway plans for southeastern Wisconsin, including the proposed expansion of Interstate 94, the impact of those projects and alternatives that have been proposed by others.
What: Three distinguished industry leaders will face a panel of journalists to talk about the expanding of Milwaukee’s freeways.
When: Monday, April 13, 2015, from 11:30 AM to 1:30 PM, lunch included.
(Doors open at 11:30 a.m. and program goes from 12 noon to 1:30 PM.)
Where: Foley & Lardner LLP, 40th Floor, US Bank Building, 777 E. Wisconsin Avenue, Milwaukee
The event is open to the public.
The industry leaders include:
• Dan Devine is mayor of the city of West Allis. Devine was elected to mayor of West Allis in 2008. Prior to becoming mayor, he served on the Milwaukee County Board from 2004-08. Devine, who grew up in Racine, has lived in West Allis for 12 years.
• Mark Gottlieb is secretary of the Wisconsin Department of Transportation. Gottlieb was appointed by Gov. Scott Walker to serve as secretary beginning in January 2011. WisDOT is one of the largest state agencies, with 3,500 employees and an annual budget of more than $3.5 billion. Prior to that, Gottlieb represented the 60th Assembly District in the Wisconsin State Legislature from 2003-2011 and served as an alderman and mayor in the city of Port Washington.
• Peter Skopec is director of the Wisconsin Public Interest Research Group. Skopec joined WISPIRG in the summer of 2014. He came to Wisconsin after two years with NJPIRG in Trenton, New Jersey. The Wisconsin group has been an outspoken opponent to the state’s planned expansion of I-94.
The Journalists (listed alphabetically):
• Don Behm, Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
• Susan Kim, WTMJ-TV (Channel 4)
• Sean Ryan, Milwaukee Business Journal
The speakers will answer questions from the media panel. Audience questions will follow.
Foley & Lardner LLP
The Marcus Corporation Foundation, Inc.
Foley & Lardner LLP has generously donated space for this event at its downtown facility.
Cost and Registration:
The cost to attend is $20 for MPC members, $25 for nonmembers. Lunch is included. Seating will be limited. Advanced registration and payment are required and may be done by booking below. Checks may be mailed to the MPC at PO Box 176, North Prairie, WI 53153-0176.
Cancellations will be accepted up to 48 hours in advance for a full refund. Please contact Joette Richards at the Milwaukee Press Club at email@example.com with any questions; or to pay by credit card, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 262-894-2224.
Log in if you already have an account with us, click here
Bookings are closed for this event.