Milwaukee Press Club Launches New Website
Milwaukee Press Club Launches New Website Featuring the Association’s Storied Collection of Historic Signatures
Lanex Designed the Site Serving One of the Oldest Press Clubs in North America
Milwaukee, August 20, 2014 – The Milwaukee Press Club launched a new website to serve the association’s media and communications professional members at www.milwaukeepressclub.org.
“Our new website is easier for our members to use to find valuable information on the Milwaukee Press Club, its benefits and the many events we hold,” said Milwaukee Press Club President Mark Kass. “It also allows us to highlight the important history of the club and our impressive collections of signatures of presidents and princes, famous journalists and entertainers, athletes and other greats who have visited us.”
The site was designed by Lanex and includes a new job posting section where club members can post job openings. The site also includes several features highlighting the Club’s history and unique position serving Milwaukee’s media community:
- A chronicle of the oldest continuously operating press club in North America dating to 1895.
- A list of the club’s historic collection of signatures that go back to the first autograph of heavyweight-boxing champion “Gentleman Jim,” Corbett from 1898. The Club’s complete collection can be found at this link.
- A history of the club’s annual Sacred Cat and Headliner Awards which are given to prominent national journalists and community leaders at the Club’s annual Gridiron Dinner.
- A list of journalists inducted into the Club’s Hall of Fame or awarded the Knights of the Golden Quill or Knights of Bohemia recognition.
- Information on the annual “Excellence in Wisconsin Journalism” award program.
- A calendar of the events including the Club’s popular Newsmaker Luncheon and Behind the Headline Series as well as the annual Gridiron and Hall of Fame Dinners.
- Online resources and Information about joining this vital organization serving Milwaukee’s media community and advancing journalism excellence throughout the state.