WTMJ Multimedia Journalist
Wisconsin’s Legendary News/Talk Brand WTMJ is looking for a full-time Multimedia Journalist to help organize and lead our award-winning news coverage. Wisconsinites have looked to WTMJ as a resource for the purposeful news and storytelling that matters to our community for over a century. The successful candidate should be organized, skilled at speaking and writing, and have a passion for enterprising news. They should be an excellent collaborator who is willing to work with our news leadership to hold our team to elite journalistic standards.
Daily Tasks of a Multimedia Journalist:
- Manage pitching and development of stories
- Write, produce, and voice news stories for radio and digital formats
- Capture, edit, and report stories in the field
- Deliver stories across multiple platforms: on-air, online, and on social
- Participate in upholding newsroom best practices and policies
- Work with the News Director to ensure high-quality delivery of WTMJ’s on-air and digital assets
- Be a Good Karma Brands ambassador by adhering to the GKB core values: Listen, Be Honest, Follow Through, Work Hard, Teamwork and Over Deliver
Preferred knowledge, skills, and qualifications:
- Minimum 2-3 years of TV/Radio/Digital News experience
- Minimum 2-3 years of on-air experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Journalism or related discipline
- Goal oriented and creative self-starter
- Passion to be part of the team and ability to work independently
- Willing to work nights, weekends, and holidays
This is a non-exempt role with a competitive base salary. This role is eligible for full benefits including health, dental and vision insurance, Life Insurance, STD, LTD, 401(k) Plan, Dependent Care, paid parental leave, and more with opportunities for salary growth increase with skills and responsibilities and meeting targeted goals. The position will be required to work some evenings and weekends.
Opportunity for Growth
Teammates have the opportunity to continuously learn and grow within Good Karma Brands and are responsible to represent GKB, our story, and our core values inside and outside the workplace. Teammates are encouraged to take a proactive role in building relationships and seeking opportunities throughout the company.
How to Apply:
Apply by submitting resume to www.goodkarmabrands.com/careers. All are encouraged to apply.
About Good Karma Brands
Good Karma Brands, LLC (GKB) is a media and marketing company with expertise in leveraging the power of sports and local news to build brands through radio, digital, events, and TV assets. Radio assets include eight ESPN affiliated radio stations in Beaver Dam, Chicago, Cleveland, Los Angeles, Madison, Milwaukee, New York City, and West Palm Beach, Newsradio 620 WTMJ and 101.7 The Truth in Milwaukee, and 95.3 WBEV, powered by Daily Dodge in Beaver Dam, Wis. In partnership with ESPN, GKB also offers local marketing partners geo-targeted advertising on ESPN’s digital platforms. In addition to its radio assets, GKB boasts premium brands, including the Tundra Trio hospitality houses in Green Bay, Wis., and the organization executes all Florida-based bowl games, including the RoofClaim.com Boca Raton Bowl and others. For more information, please visit www.goodkarmabrands.com.
Good Karma Brands is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consistently renew our commitment to creating and maintaining an inclusive workplace for all. We foster integrity, respect within the workplace, and believe that the foundation of our success is our collective differences and diversity of thought. We welcome all to help us continue to build a community that embodies and promotes diversity, inclusion, and belonging for all.