Honor Anna Wolfe, Derek Mosley and George Stanley
- Support the Gridiron Awards Dinner
- Congratulate winners of the MPC Awards for Excellence in Wisconsin Journalism Contest in our Once A Year magazine
The Milwaukee Press Club, one of the oldest press clubs in the world, will host its annual Gridiron Awards Dinner on Friday, May 12 at The Pfister Hotel in Milwaukee. This year’s event will be timely, poignant, and not-to-be missed.
We are pleased to welcome this year’s Sacred Cat award winner, Anna Wolfe, and Headliner honorees, Derek Mosley and George Stanley.
Wolfe, a native of Tacoma, Washington, graduated from Mississippi State University, where she received a bachelor’s degree in communications and journalism. Wolfe joined the staff at Mississippi Today in 2018 as an investigative reporter. Wolfe has received national recognition for her work, including the 2021 Goldsmith Prize for Investigative Reporting, the 2021 Collier Prize for State Government Accountability and the 2021 John Jay/Harry Frank Guggenheim Excellence in Criminal Justice Reporting Award.
This year’s Headliner Awards will be presented to Derek Mosley, director of the Lubar Center for Public Policy Research and Civic Education at Marquette University Law School and George Stanley, who recently retired as editor of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel and regional editor of USA TODAY Network Wisconsin. Headliner Awards are presented annually to those who have made significant, positive contributions to Wisconsin and its residents.
There are three ways to get involved with the Gridiron Awards event, and to support the Milwaukee Press Club’s journalistic mission and students pursuing careers in journalism:
Become a Sponsor
- To show your support for the honorees and the Press Club’s more than 300 professional members, there are three event sponsor levels, each offering different benefits. Sponsors will enjoy exposure at this well-attended event, as well as seats at the event. For more information on sponsorship click here.
Advertise in Once A Year
- For those interested in celebrating the honorees, the annual Once A Year magazine will be published to recognize these award winners and support the club. For more than 126 years, this magazine has provided documentation of the impressive list of honorees and has been mailed to club members and community leaders as a keepsake. To view a copy of last year’s Once A Year magazine click here.
Host a Table
- Tables include tickets for eight and excellent recognition at the event. ($1,200)
This event also recognizes the press club endowment’s annual Excellence in Wisconsin Journalism award winners. Most importantly, proceeds from this event help to ensure the quality of Southeastern Wisconsin’s journalism community for years to come through college scholarships, mentoring, professional development and industry advocacy.
Click here for more information and forms on the sponsorship and advertising opportunities. Ad and sponsorship deadline, Friday, March 24, 2023.
For more information, contact Joette Richards with your questions at firstname.lastname@example.org or (262) 894-2224.